Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Camco N Da Houz

The tv happened to be on CBS this afternoon, right where I had left it when The Bold & The Beautiful went off.  I was sitting on the couch reading Allure helping Pey with her homework, when I caught a glimpse of something out of the corner of my eye.  I had to rewind Let's Make A Deal to see if I really saw what I thought I saw.

My old lady eyes are still sharp and I HAD seen what I thought I saw (I sound vaguely reminiscent of Tweety Bird--I taugt I saw a Puddy Tat) !  J's company Camco's logo was right there on hat sported by a contestant.  Even Wayne Brady's shaved head couldn't distract me from that blue and white logo.  The same logo that J has worked for longer than he's been working for me.  Pey confirmed that I wasn't crazy and that it was indeed Camco.


So I did what every sane person would.  I recorded it.  And took a pic.  And texted.  And uploaded to Facebook.  And now I'm blogging about it.  I would tweet, but this is waaaay too much for a measly 140 characters.

This contestant was dressed like a straight up hip-hopping, rap star.  He even had a 'do rag on under the hat.  He was all up in da hiz-ouz, know what I'm sayin'? (I really don't know what I'm saying, but I thought that sounded vaguely Snoop Dogg-ish).  He was hard thuggin' in a Camco hat.  For those of you who don't know (and I'm guessing neither did the contestant), Camco makes after-market RV accessories--the fluids you put into an RV (antifreeze, holding tank chemicals), the necessities that go along with RV's (sewer hoses, wheel chocks) and the things that make life easier in the RV (slip stop to keep the dishes from sliding in the cabinets, party lights for the awning).  Camco is boss in the RV world.  However, they are about as far removed from Hip Hop as you can get.  But yet this guy chose the hat to complete his 50 Cent imitation.  

J took my text pic to his boss and to other people at Camco.  The CSI: Let's Make a Deal version has begun. The hat dates from circa 1994.  That much we know.  How it got to that guy is a mystery.  Even bigger a mystery, why he chose to wear it on air.  Whatever the reason, it worked.  He got chosen to play a game.  I have no idea if he actually won, because I was too busy being a 12 year old girl & texting all my friends.

I think Camco needs to track that guy down and give him a year's supply of TST (holding tank chemical) or Rhino Flex sewer hose.  It's the least they can do for all that free advertising!

No comments:

Post a Comment