Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Grandma's Corner

The main reason I started this blog was so my mother could it keep up on the doings of the Sound and Fury because I stink at relating said doings when prodded to do so on the phone.  Today, given my current unemployed leisure status, I find myself enthusiastically watching paint dry (literally, as I'm waiting on the second coat to dry on the Hoosier before I apply the third).  Yes, the house is still one newspaper and a dead cat away from qualifying for an episode of Hoarder's, but hey, I'm unemployed at leisure and have lots of time to clean (in theory but in reality those Twitter feeds won't read themselves).  Plus, goofing off on the computer is more fun.  For the sake of the family's financial future, I have been banned from ebay, so blogging it is.

This post is merely a post for posting's sake.  I'm pretending I'm being productive because I've convinced myself I'm doing this for my mother.  So here you go Mama--some pics I snapped of the Gruesome Twosome before church Sunday.   They clean up nicely, don't they?  They look like they like each other and get along, but we all know from personal experience that appearances can be deceiving.  I would slip into writing about how quickly they are growing up, but that would probably turn me into a crying mess and make me feel like Charlene Darling (an Andy Griffin reference, if you're not from NC).  Plus, all the humidity from the tears would make it take longer for the paint to dry.  And I really have to get back to work.  Really.  As soon as The Young & Restless goes off.




No comments:

Post a Comment