Saturday, May 5, 2012

Things I Like About Motherhood, #1, Sweet Surprises

While most days have me ready to enlist the Sound & the Fury in whatever version of the French Foreign Legion that will take them, some times one of them will do something that makes me happier than a venti latte or a Ewan McGregor film.  Or even better still--all my laundry washed.  And folded.  By Ewan Mcgregor!

Exhibit A:
Flowers from my Peytie.  J had taken the week off after Easter & I came home to a clean kitchen, dinner going and these sweet flowers (in our best crystal, nonetheless).  Granted they do come from my best blooming and largest azalea (which ironically is in the back of the house where only the dog enjoys it), but still.  Flowers from my baby! 

And if that wasn't enough, here's the sweet little note that came with them:

And no, before you ask, she hadn't done anything bad that she was trying to make me forget.  Just because.

Guess I'll hold off on calling Pepe Le Pew for at least another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment