Monday, February 6, 2012

Sweetie Bowl Party

We used to take the Sound & Fury to a Super Bowl party at a house where I didn't even know the hosts.  There is nothing like taking the Sound to the bathroom, only to find that the Fury has snuck up to the hosts' bedroom and have to feel like I'm committing a felony just by going to retrieve the Fury.  Ok, maybe not felony, but a serious case of the Peeping Toms (or Snoopy In-laws).  To make it worse, there were usually around 30 people at that party and it was just too much stimulation for the girls (or maybe for me--I don't do well in crowds). I spent more time chasing them and worrying if they were bothering people than enjoying myself. If I was going to be miserable, I might as well do it in my own house.  After all, I do a great job of making myself miserable at the house everyday.

My nerves couldn't handle another Super Bowl under the guise of that "party".  I'd rather have a root canal (not that I've ever had a root canal, but I'm betting it's right on up there with the most miserable things in the world)  The girls & I were going to stay at home and have our own version of the Super Bowl Party--the Sweetie Bowl.  What's the Sweetie Bowl?  The same thing as a Super Bowl party, only with waaaaayyyyy more estrogen (and not in the wardrobe malfunction estrogen kinda way). 

I let the girls plan the menu and it always involves more junk food than they consume in a month.  It probably involves more junk food that the population of Guam eats in an entire month. We toss a blanket out in the living room floor and have a picnic.  Once the first round of  food is gone, we do girly things like paint nails and brush hair.  Like most people who watch the game, the girls are only interested in the commercials.  Me, I was watching to pull for my second favorite Manning brother, and more importantly to pull against that "leave my pregnant baby mama for a super model", pretty boy, Tom Brady. 
Yes, Pey is wearing her bathing suit in the bottom pic.  What can I say?  Only girls here & we can do whateva we want!

This year was a total success.  Brady lost to Manning. Again.  And my nails are a beautiful shade of plum!

No comments:

Post a Comment