Sunday, March 4, 2012

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

In celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday, the Sound and the Fury's school has been having fun days all week.  For example, they wore their favorite hat to school on Tuesday in honor of The Cat in the Hat; carried small stuffed animals in their pockets on Wednesday for There's a Wocket in My Pocket; and stuffed gefilte fish in their shoes for a mash up of One Fish Two Fish and The Foot Book.  Or maybe I'm joking about the last one :).

Today they were to dress as their favorite Dr. Seuss character.  Pey was thinking about Daisy Head Maizy, but other than possessing a stuffed flower for her head, we were out of luck.  I wasn't buying (or sewing) a pink dress to complete the ensemble.  I did what every haggard mother would do--I "Bing"ed searched Dr. Seuss costume ideas.  The usual Cat or Things 1 & 2 popped up, but I wasn't sold.  Then I saw a picture of Horton.  Hallelujah!  Horton!  We already had an elephant costume!  Praise be!

So once again, I present the elephant costume, complete with a Truffala tree, or whatever Horton was supposed to hear his Who on.



And once again, I present Lulu.  Who is too cool for school (stuff).  She refused to participate.  I guess we can invent a character for her, Swimmy Emmy Fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment