Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dem's Da Breaks, Toots!

Or perhaps I should say, "Dem's da tendon reattachment and bicep reconstruction, Toots!".  Yeah, in addition to starting a new job and having to learn everything there and in addition to having to figure out a routine for being a working mom and still taking care of/arranging care for the Sound & the Fury, J upped the ante and threw in just a wee, little, over night hospital stay, major muscle/tendon surgery.  Yes, I realize he's the one who had surgery, but this is MY blog and I'll whine if I want to.

Don't be fooled.  What looks like a minor cast is in reality, our 15th anniversary trip.  At least he got an overnight stay with room service.
 
"What happened?", you ask?  He simply wouldn't listen to me & I had to lay down da law!  Ha!  Too bad we don't have an interesting story to relate when people inquire.  Truth is, he tried to pick up Pey while she was sitting in a chair and hyperextended his elbow.  I tell him he needs to invent a better story, say, lifting a car off of an elderly lady before the gas tank exploded.  Nope.  Just another Friday night around the Godwin house.  Do we know how to par-tay or what?

He had surgery on March 14th.  He is in a true cast now (as opposed to the splint they put on there immediately after surgery).  The true cast comes off April 13th at 10am.  At 10:05am, the Hallelujah chorus will begin, with revival to be held immediately after.  Can I get an AMEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment